Zheng Zhenzhen is a professor at the Institute of Population and Labor Economics at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS), Beijing. She received her Ph.D in demography from Peking University, she also holds a MS in statistics (Brigham Young University, USA), and a MS in medical informatics (University of Utah, USA). Her research interests are application of statistical demography, women’s studies, and social science research in reproductive health. She teaches “Social Research Methods” for graduate students.
Major publication in English:
1. Rachel Connelly, Kenneth Roberts, and Zhenzhen Zheng. The Role of Children in the Migration Decisions of Rural Chinese Women. Journal of Contemporary China, 2012, 21 (73): 93-111.
2. Zheng, Zhenzhen. Women’s Empowerment in Reproductive Health in China. In: Zhang, Kaining edt. Sexual and Reproductive Health in China. Brill, 2011.
3. Rachel Connelly, Kenneth Roberts, and Zhenzhen Zheng. The Settlement of Migrants in Urban China—Some of China’s Migrants Are Not “Floating” Anymore. Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, 2011, vol. 9 (3): 283-300.
4. Rachel Connelly, Kenneth Roberts, and Zhenzhen Zheng. The Impact of Circular Migration on the Position of Married Women in Rural China. Feminist Economics, 2010, 16(1): 3-41.
5. Zheng Zhenzhen, et al. (2009) Below-Replacement Fertility and Childbearing Intention in Jiangsu Province, China. Asian Population Studies, 5: 3, 329-347.
6. Liao, Shaohong and Zheng, Zhenzhen. The Impact of Demographic Change to Labor Supply in China. In: Cai Fang edt. Population and Labor Economics Yearbook. Brill, 2009.
7. Zheng, Zhenzhen. Interventions to Balance Sex Ratio at Birth in Rural China. In: Isabelle Attane and Christophe Z. Guilmoto edt. Watering the Neighbour’s Garden: The Growing Demographic Female Deficit in Asia. CICRED, 2007.
8. Connelly, Rachel and Zheng, Zhenzhen. School Enrollment and Graduation Rates in Western China Based on the 2000 Census. Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, 2007, 5(2), 147-61.
9. Zheng Zhenzhen and Lian Pengling. Health Vulnerability among Temporary Migrants in Urban China. Paper presented at XXV International Population Conference, 18-23 July 2005, Tours, France.
10. Zheng Zhenzhen. Reform of Evaluation Indicator System and RH/FP Services. China Population Today, 2005(2): 4-5.
11. Lou, Binbin, Zheng, Zhenzhen, Connelly, Rachel and Roberts, Kenneth, "The Migration Experience of Young Women from Four Counties in Sichuan and Anhui." In: On the Move: Women and Rural to Urban Migration in Contemporary China, Ed. Arianne M. Gaetano and Tamara Jacka, Columbia University Press, 2004.
12. Zheng Zhenzhen and Zhang Yan. Education Status of the Chinese Population: an Overview. China Population Today, 2004(4-5): 25-31.
13. Kenneth Roberts, Rachel Connelly, Zhenming Xie, and Zhenzhen Zheng. Patterns of Temporary Labor Migration of Rural Women from Anhui and Sichuan. The China Journal, 2004 July(52): 49-70.
14. Zheng Z, Xie Z, Zhang E. Toward a client-centered performance assessment: ten years of evolution. In: ICPD+10 in China. 2004.
15. Zheng Z. and Gu B. Migration experience and women’s empowerment in China. In: ICPD+10 in China. 2004.
16. Zheng Z., Liu H., Liu S., Gu B. The role of civil society in the reproductive health program in China. In: ICPD+10 in China. 2004.
17. Connelly, Rachel and Zheng, Zhenzhen. Determinants of School Enrollment and Completion of 10 to 18 Year Olds in China. Economics of Education Review, 22 (2003), pp.379-388.
18. Zheng Zhenzhen, Zhou Yun, et al. Sexual behavior and contraception use among unmarried young female migratory workers in 5 cities of China. Reproductive Health Matters, 2001(17-May):118-127.
19. Zheng Zhenzhen. Social-Demographic Influence on First Birth Interval in China, 1980-1992. Journal of Biosocial Science, 2000 (32): 315-327.